Big Dreams Are a Big Deal
I believe that one of the main reasons so many people don’t get ahead in life is because they do not know the value of setting goals and sticking with their dreams. Dreams are a big deal, but fulfilling those dreams is an even bigger deal. In order to fulfill your dreams, you must set some clearly defined goals. Setting goals for your life and sticking to them no matter what will take perseverance, determination, and hard work.
A goal is something worthy of being pursued. Goals consist of looking out into the future and mapping out the thing(s) that you want to accomplish in your life. Goals are ideas, innovations, and creative things that change your life and change the lives of others for the better. Anything that you want to do for God and for the enhancement of society is a worthy goal.
Achievement of worthy goals takes creativity, perseverance, courage, grace, strength, falling down and getting back up again, a tough hide, and a will to stick and stay no matter what. Here are a few things to think about as you set your goals:
– Do your goals acknowledge God? God doesn’t want us to do anything that is out of His will. Check your goals and see if you have taken thought to include God in your plans.
– Are your goals your goals? Sure, it’s an odd question. But are you setting goals for yourself, or are you letting other people set goals for you? If you are, you are not going to enjoy your life the way you should, because you are allowing someone else to dictate to you what they think you should be doing.
– Do your goals include contributing to worthy causes? You can be a blessing to other people if you set goals that help important causes, and you will also receive a blessing yourself.
– Are you willing to discipline yourself to reach your goals? Anybody who has ever accomplished anything in life knows that discipline is the key to moving forward.
– Can you dream big? Can you think outside of this world? Can you imagine doing things that no one else has done before? Can you see the big picture of your life?
Once you set your goals, pray over them daily and then pursue them. Don’t stop until you accomplish them, and don’t let anyone stop you.